Saturday, January 4, 2014

Getting Close & No Visa

So, this time next month I will officially be in Russia. Right now I'm just getting really excited and nervous for my trip. As this is my first time going to Russia, I am a little bit in shock at how long the visa process actually takes. I decided that I had to get to Russia on November 1st, 2013 and the deadline to apply to the study abroad company was November 13th, so I was really in a rush. I got everything done and even got a scholarship from the Russian department! Nothing is impossible when I set my mind to it.
It's less than a month until I leave and I still have not received my visa. The company that I am studying abroad with says not to worry, that this happens every semester but I can't help but be a little bit concerned. I have everything together (passport, passport photos, $325.00 check, and HIV test results), but I'm just waiting on the invitation letter, which has a code that I will use to finish the Visa process online, print out a paper, sign it, Fed Ex overnight it to the company with the supporting documents and then they will overnight it back to me when my visa is completed. They said I'll probably end up getting it the night before I leave. Tell me that is not pushing it a little bit. In the mean time I'm making list after list of things I need to buy before I go to take with me. I have two new jackets, one is a north face (my dad got it for me for Christmas) and the other one Tommy Hilfiger and it is warm but stylish (from my wonderful boyfriend). I definitely want to stay warm while I'm over there. I guess I'll give everyone a review later on how insulated the jackets really are. 
I really am thankful for my friends and family who are helping me prepare for this trip even though it was one of my usual spur of the moment ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment