Friday, January 3, 2014

Only 1 Month until Take Off!

So this is my very first post. This time next month I'll be on a plane and beginning my four month journey of living and studying in Moscow Russia.
I'll start this blog by answering the question I get asked almost every day of my life: Why Russia?
Out of every country in the entire world that I could have gone to, yes, I willingly and happily chose Russia. I can't say what first attracted me to Russian language but there was a sign hanging up in White Hall Classroom building my freshman year of college that said, "Free Russian Lessons." At this point I had honestly never given Russia a thought but I wanted to incorporate something new into my weekly routine so I started going to these lessons once a week. The language lessons sparked my interest so I took a Russian history class and was hooked. Their history was so foreign to me and every day of the class I was learning things I didn't know that I didn't know. 
Now, here I am after one full semester of a Russian history class as well as a semester of Russian language. I don't know if I could ever have enough Russian language classes in America to prepare me for the immense amount of Russian I'll be facing come February 4th, but I'm ready and willing to take on this adventure. I am looking forward to all of the new Russian I will be learning while abroad as well as visiting the historical landmarks I've only read about in text books. 
This might not be every other person's interest or destination of choice, but it is mine and that's all that matters. 

No comments:

Post a Comment