Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Coca Cola Factory


Yesterday, we had a trip to the Coca Cola factory. I was so excited about it because of my love for coca cola lite here.  Coca Cola lite tastes just like coke zero and I would put money on it that they are the exact same things. We watched a really inspiring video about coke and then put on white lab coats for our tour. I did not realize how much goes into the coca cola lite that I drink daily. It was a really friendly environment and it seemed like everyone really enjoyed their job at the plant. After the tour we got to drink fresh coke. There is a huge difference between coke straight off the line and coke that has been packed, shipped and sat on a shelf for weeks. We got free notebooks, a polar bear pin and little baby cans of coke. Usually our excursions are physically and emotionally tiring, but this one was an insightful and fun. I feel like the coca cola company is a great place to work. I'm proud to be a customer :)

After our tour we went to a Japanese restaurant and then took a marshrootka back to the dorms.
I took a nap and woke up to screaming about cockroaches. The lady in charge of the floor was basically saying that the reason there are cockroaches in our room is because it is dirty. I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact that this building has not been remodeled since it was built in like 1755 and that I'm sure they don't spray for bugs. Anytime I try to take a nap during the day, I am always rudely woken up by some kind of dramatic affair. One day, a man was changing the locks on the door, one day they were doing obnoxious construction work and a few times they were checking to make sure the keys still fit in the lock. They must have some serious problems with people changing locks or something.
I do not have a passport right now because they ( I don't know who they is) have taken it for me to get a new multi-entry visa. So, for the next 3-5 weeks I will be stuck in Moscow. Luckily, there are lots of things to do here to keep my busy. The three things I really want to do in the near future are, Moscow zoo, circus and a banya.
I'm looking forward to an exciting last month here :)

No comments:

Post a Comment