Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Have you heard? There's a rumor in St. Petersburg


So this post cannot be officially read until you listen to the attached video.
Tomorrow evening (technically today), I am going to St. Petersburg! In my Russian history class in the US, we focused a lot on St. Petersburg, so I am so excited to get to see it for myself. That is the beauty of travel. Things are always more beautiful in real life rather than photos (except for the Mona Lisa but that is a different story).
My schedule for the next few days include an overnight train Thursday night. Overnight trains are one of those things you only want to do once, and since I've already taken an overnight train once, I am not as excited as I could be about that part. We will be coming back on Sunday night and arriving in Moscow on Monday morning. Over the weekend I will be seeing (copied and pasted from my schedule) :
Hermitage
Isaaky Cathedral
Peter&Pavel Fortress
Battel sheap "Aurora" 
Castle and Church
Dostoevsky Museum
Russky Museum
I will make sure to give my review on each place.

We also have a lot of free time and according to one of my friends that time will be spend reenacting Anastasia. If you have not watched the movie Anastasia, I would encourage you to do so now.
 I'm really looking forward to my adventure tomorrow. I will keep everyone posted and upload plenty of new photos on Facebook. 

No comments:

Post a Comment