Wednesday, March 19, 2014

I see snow and bright future in IR


As I look out the window right now, I get the view of how I pictured Russia from America...snowy. This is the fluffiest snow I have ever seen in my life!
Today was a great day. I learned new words in Reading and was extremely sarcastic in phonetics class! I'm pretty sarcastic in English but I did not mean for it to carry over to Russian. Whoops :)
I've noticed two major things lately: 1.) My understanding has gotten phenomenally better. 2.) My pronunciation and Russian accent is really amazing and I think I have definitely chosen the right language to learn.
We got to miss grammar class because we were required to meet with Russian students to do some activities together. We were divided into two groups and each group had to pick a country to represent. We then had to pick a 'leader' for the country and make a commercial advertising them. We chose Mexico and made a song about how our leader was automatically better because she was not Miles (the other country's leader). We then had to narrate a video without sound on YouTube, create a closing speech, and make new laws for the country we chose. It was a really fun experience and I met new Russian friends in the process. I feel like activities like these are extremely necessary to promote positive dialogue between cultures in a fun and creative way. It wouldn't kill Putin and Obama to try it sometime. If the citizens of countries can get along, I'm not quite understanding why those who allegedly represent the citizens can't. Thank God the future of both countries were cooperating and having fun today in room 107 of Moscow State University. The future is looking so much brighter. But hey, I'm not going to get political on everyone.
Today was another one of those days to remember. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment