Monday, February 10, 2014

At least I tried...

This morning I got up to take my Russian placement test -_-. Since I couldn't even understand the directions, its obvious I didn't do very good. It consisted of listening, grammar, reading and speaking. I wrote on my entire paper, 'Я не знаю' ( I don't know). I never even made it to the speaking before I gave up and said "just put me in the beginner class."I am definitely struggling with the listening part. I'm not going to get discouraged though because I'm here to learn and I'm getting better everyday. After that me and some others went to the mall and ate Lebanese food and it was actually really good. I've believe I've previously mentioned the shower issue where the water wouldn't drain for like 5 minutes. Well, my roommate being the angel that we all know she is, bought me drain cleaner. I don't believe anyone fully understands how wonderful she is. I would have never found drain cleaner here because it's all in Russian. I will forever be grateful for her helping me to adjust and figure things out here.
Not much else is really going on today. We don't start class until Wednesday and mine doesn't start until 10:50. Thank the good lord Jesus. A good tourist would probably spend the rest of the day and tomorrow out adventuring, but it has been non stop since I've got here and I think I just need to sit back and take it all in. We are going to be visiting a historical sight once a week for the rest of the trip so I think I'll see plenty of sights.

No comments:

Post a Comment