Sunday, February 9, 2014

Note to self

Today I woke up and thought I would navigate the bus system since I had a free day. I have to get to the classroom building tomorrow to take a placement test at 10 am. Luckily, the first bus I got on took me straight to the bus stop in front of the language department. Walking there is around a 25-30 minute walk, which is very reasonable but I know most days I will not want to be trudging through the Russian winter at 8 am for class. After getting off, I took a little mini bus back to where all the shops were to go to Ashan, which is like a little Walmart. I bought, 10 hangers, hair ties, 2 books, a towel, and a shower caddy all for 9 USD. I then went to McDonalds and ate. A man was walking around asking people for money and it was a little creepy. My friend Alex went with me on all of these little adventures today.
On Sundays, you cant walk through the entirety of the building, so you can only get to your dorm room by entering from the outside door of your sector. Alex and I entered in sector Б rather than sector В and there was no way to walk through the building to get to the right side. A guy from China walked us through some sketchy underground doors that lead to outside and then walked us to sector B. I am so thankful that he did that because we would never have found it ourselves.
Tomorrow I have to get up early for the placement test. I need to be in the beginner class to review on the grammar. I wish I could just tell them that rather than going through this whole testing process that includes speaking. I hope they don't judge me on my southern Russian accent.

No comments:

Post a Comment