Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Nothing much here.

I had three Russian classes today in a row-reading, phonetics and then grammar. That's 5 hours of intensive Russian language. Needless to say I was so tired after because there is nothing like learning a foreign language to put stress on your brain. Nothing too exciting has really been happening in the past couple of days. The highlight of my day yesterday was when a 1 and a half year old little Russian boy waved at me.
I read an awesome page about some of the issues that I have been going through so far while being abroad. So far I've gone through 8/10 listed. The hard/soft water thing is a serious issue here.
 http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/17/beauty-problems-study-abroad_n_4612765.html

I dropped the Russian political economic system class that required the 20 page paper. Yes, I'm being a little lazy but I'm  here to explore, have fun and learn...not write a novel. I have a wonderful Russian literature class and since I love to read, I know I will really enjoy it. I've started reading the first required reading already called, The Life of Archpriest Avvakum and it is written by himself. It's not very long and an interesting read. According to a small review on wikipedia:
    "Avvakum's colourful autobiography memorably recounts hardships of his imprisonment and exile  to the Russian Far East, the story of his friendship and rupture with the Tsar Alexis, his practice of exorcising demons and devils, and his boundless admiration for nature and other works of God."

Feel free to read it at this link, http://www2.potsdam.edu/mausdc/class/481/avvakum.htm

Well, that is honestly about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment