Friday, February 28, 2014

Sorry for the wait!

I have been so busy lately that I haven't had time to write much. That in addition to me blowing my macbook charger, but no need to worry, I found the blackmarket in moscow and bought a new charger! I'm going to begin by talking about Monday night. My friends and I thought it would be a great idea to go to a little club on Monday evening. We danced, met new people and had a great time. We took a "gypsy" cab home, which is just a random person who will drive you home. I know that doesn't sound that safe, but it is a normal thing here. The next morning, after an hour of sleep we had an excursion to the museum of the revolution. There we walked through the history of Russia seeing things from Russia's grim past to it's promising future. Our tour guide was amazing, not to mention his snazzy snake skin shoes :). The sun was shining that day, so I couldn't help but smile. The marshooka door opener said I was his girlfriend. I guess a smiling woman is a rare oddity here. The rest of the week has just been filled with homework, homework and more homework. My Russian is dramatically improving though. 
Today after class I decided to do laundry. The laundry room is the place for social activity because I met a Russian guy and he helped me with my homework. I'm done with all my homework so the weekend can officially begin. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment