Thursday, February 6, 2014

My roommate is a gift from God.



 Today we didn't get started till around 2 pm. We took our first trip on the metro. The doors on the metro close without warning and they close with extreme force. It's very scary. Other than that it is very convenient to use. We went to a tourist street in Moscow and it was definitely aimed at Americans with English music playing, the statue of liberty and mickey mouse. A drunk, old, Russian man kept trying to talk to us. We then went to red square and are going back tomorrow to go inside and actually tour. I have to go get my student ID tomorrow which is about 2 miles away and then meet at the metro station all before 2:30. I know I can get to the metro station but getting to the language department to get my ID is another story. Today, after the metro ride, I got into a little van which is used as a type of bus here and got to the university all by myself.
That was really the main excitement of the day. I came back to my room and took a nap. I needed to put roubles on my phone so that I will have minutes to call our director tomorrow when I am lost in Moscow looking for my student ID, and my angel roommate helped me do that. She is from Japan and speaks some English.
Prayers that I don't get lost tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment