Friday, February 7, 2014

кофе досвидания

Today was a great day! I started off the morning with a coffee with milk and sugar which they refer to as a cappuccino and I also got eggs with tomatoes and their version of pancakes. I've decided that the language barrier is not that hard to break through if you can get creative with what you know. I wanted to get my coffee to go and I knew the word for coffee but not for "to go" so I said "кофе досвидания" which means, coffee goodbye. She understood.
We then all met at the Метро Университет ( Metro University) and got off at the stop Библиотека (Library). There we went to the Kremlin. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moscow_Kremlin
I saw some pretty amazing cathedrals with beautiful and historical paintings. The best part was it was snowing so we really got the full Russian effect. After, a few of us went to eat at an Irish pub and then went to a pretty interesting bar to watch the opening ceremony of the Olympics. The cool thing was, the bar/restaurant had multiple American flags and a sign that said God Bless America. This was right in the main part of Moscow. Like I said before, the stereotypes are just NOT true. I have to say, America really represented at the opening ceremony.

After that, we took the metro back home and I went back to my room. The small steps and improvements that I'm making in communication as well as navigation is really motivating to me. I didn't have to even find my student ID today because some students went and brought back everyone's.
I'm looking forward to language classes starting next week so I can improve on my Russian more and more.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Kallie, just found your blog. "Coffee goodbye" huh? I'll have to start using that! ;) Sounds like you're having a great time. Can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete