Monday, February 17, 2014

My ballet review

So, as some people know, Russia is famous for ballet. Tonight I got to watch sleeping beauty. The costumes were beyond wonderful, the scenery was magnificent and the dancers did a perfect performance. I was thoroughly entertained. A guy named Je in my group was also entertained because he was clapping really really loud :).

After the ballet we went to eat at a traditional Russian/Ukraine place and they fed us so much delicious food. I now know why there is so much sour cream in Russia-because it is amazing with pancakes! I know that sounds strange but it is soooo great.
During the performance I feel like I got homesick because I started thinking about how my cousin does ballet and she would really enjoy watching this. That made me think about missing my aunt. Then there were two ballet dancers acting like cats and it reminded me of how much I miss my cat. Later that night my mom skyped me at a restaurant and then I started missing her. My dad sent me a message on facebook and I started missing him. I then started thinking about kabsa (middle eastern dish) and I started missing all my friends back home. This was just a downward spiral of homesickness.
In addition to the ballet, great food and homesickness, I was told today that I have to write a 20 page paper and I am really not interested in doing that at all. If it was a paper about Russian history then that would be awesome but no, it's about why America's economy is better than Russia's and why a lot of American businesses wont come to Russia. It could be a potentially interesting topic, but not 20 pages worth of interesting.
Everyone wish me luck :).

No comments:

Post a Comment