Friday, February 21, 2014

Я понимаю! I understand!

The past two days the sun has finally decided to come out in Moscow. It's a beautiful and mood lifting sight! The more the sun shines, the more the temperature drops and I really do not understand how. My room is always so cold! I bought a poster today to add a little bit of decoration to my very depressing room. It's amazing how much you want to do when the sun finally shines!
I had a breakthrough in class today! The teacher kept talking and asking questions in Russian and I realized that I was translating everything in my head at a reasonable pace and basically perfectly. This was an ah ha moment for me because I can finally see some drastic improvement. There are rarely ever times in my life where I sit back and think, "Good job, Kallie," but today I realized that I am so proud of myself. Listening and understanding is extremely difficult for me and I am on my way to mastering it with Russian. I never imagined that I would come this far with Russian language and even though it is a little difficult and overwhelming at times, the reward of progress is well worth it all. 
It's finally the weekend and much needed at that. The thing is, since I'm in Moscow, even though its the weekend and I have no language classes, the lessons continue in real life situations. For example, in class I would never learn the word "таракан" which means "cockroach," but since there are allegedly some in the kitchen on our floor, I learned the word. :) The adventures never end here.
I also went to a political seminar on Thursday night. I was going to make a post about Russian politics in general but I didn't think everyone wanted to read about politics.
Well, I can mark this off as another successful week in Moscow!

No comments:

Post a Comment